Senior Platform Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Platform Engineer|
|Salary:||£550 - £650 per day + Outside IR35|
|Contact Name:||James Llewellyn|
|Job Published:||October 28, 2021 14:54|
This fast growing global consultancy is looking to take on a Senior Platform Engineer who will be at the forefront of cloud technology using your skills for a variety of undertakings.
This is a real end to end role. You will be expected to take a project from the information and discovery stages through initial concept and design to implementation, build and support.
Exposure to a wide variety of technologies and software is a given and you will be expected to investigate the use of new technologies as they become available.
- Work with customers to translate requirements into technical designs and follow this through to delivery of the solution.
- Design, plan and build highly available, global and Cloud native platforms.
- Advise customers on modern software and architecture techniques such as 12 factor, microservices and serverless.
- Identify optimisation opportunities across customer environments and lead their design and implementation.
- Develop internal tooling for the wider Platform Team.
- Assisting customers in understanding how cloud technology can help them grow and the benefits it offers.
- Mentoring junior members of the team and helping to drive their development.
- Extensive hands-on experience with GCP in a production environment
- Great communication (in person and written) skills
- Ability to write tooling in at least one programming language
- A thorough understanding of Terraform and deployment methodologies associated with the tool
- Solid knowledge of cloud architecture principles and highly available systems
- Understanding of application development, delivery and infrastructure automation
Key Tooling Experience:
Experience with some of the following:
- Containerisation technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Configuration management tooling (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt)
- Excellent understanding of the Linux operating system (e.g. Debian, CentOS)
- Continuous integration and deployment tool sets (e.g. Jenkins, ArgoCD, GoCD)
- Common DevOps technology stacks (e.g. ELK, NGINX, Apache, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis, Consul)
- Database technologies including MySQL and PostgreSQL
- CKA and/or GCP Professional Certs
- Consulting experience - not just hands-on GCP
- Python skills
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Commercial Kubernetes operational experience
This role will be primarily remote based
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies (lawharveyjobs)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's