Senior Software Engineer- Big Data, CH
|Job Title:||Senior Software Engineer- Big Data, CH|
|Salary:||Swiss Franc105000 - Swiss Franc130000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cristina Ionita|
|Job Published:||April 11, 2019 17:21|
"By simplifying business processes and continuously improving our efficiency, we will improve the stability of our Swiss business." - Head of Business Steering
What does this position offer to you?
- Start ASAP
- Work from home or from any of the company's offices, but be in the Bern office at least 3 days of the week
- Work for one of Switzerland's most successful companies
- Generous Pension program
- Co-working, prototyping and agile working methods are an integral part of their culture
- No travel required
- Staff restaurants and monthly discounts on all products under the brand
- Work within a multidisciplinary and international team
What will be your tasks?
- You build and maintain data streams from different sources like our websites or the CRM
- You expose actionable insights in real time through APIs ready to be consumed by other services
- You implement new use cases using open source technologies, design new architecture patterns, ingest new data sources, improve our DevOps environment, explore new technologies, and share your knowledge
Who you are: Drawing on your extensive knowledge in software engineering, you solve problems by finding root causes, and you like to stay up-to-date on new technologies and trends.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (ETH/Uni/UAS) in computer science, information technology, or a similar field
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development using Scala or Java
- Proven track records in building data pipelines using big data technologies (Spark, Kafka, Flink, Cassandra, Hadoop)
- Experienced in solution architecture and design of backend applications
- Eager for the DevOps mindset and its technologies (Ansible, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Fast learner, proactive personality, well organized, and able to work independently in a small, agile team
- Very good English, German a plus
About the company:
Our client is Switzerland's leading telecoms company. They offer mobile telecommunications, fixed network, Internet and digital TV solutions for business and residential customers. They are also one of the largest providers of IT services in Switzerland. They develop and maintain the wireless and wireline network infrastructure, distribute broadcasting signals and are also active in the banking, energy, entertainment, advertising and healthcare sectors. Known as one of Switzerland's most sustainable and innovative companies.
Do you want to know more?
Once you have applied with your CV (no letter of motivation is needed), we will be discussing all your interests and needs in detail. We will also contact the client in your behalf, introduce you to him / her and make sure that you are prepared very well for the upcoming interviews.
If the above-mentioned position doesn't match your needs, then I would suggest to contact me directly for what I have available.
firstname.lastname@example.org (Send your CV directly to my E-Mail) or give me a call on +49 (0)89 / 21093991
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Software Development Lead - London
City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Senior Solution Architect
US$180000 - US$225000 per annum + Bonus & Benefits
Senior Java Developer
£600.00 - £625.00 per day
Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £500.00 per day