Senior Software Engineer (Python)
|Job Title:||Senior Software Engineer (Python)|
|Location:||Hammersmith and Fulham, London|
|Salary:||£400.00 - £550.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Charlie Ruffles-Jones|
|Job Published:||October 03, 2017 14:07|
My client, a software company are searching for a Senior Software Engineer with strong commercial experience of Python, to build and maintain their core Python based platforms and services.
You'll be responsible for:
- Finding and identifying new opportunities to fine-tune and optimise applications of projects both existing and upcoming.
- Designing, building, testing and documenting software and web applications in Python
- Supporting formal testing and resolving test defects
- Creating services and applications, utilising various programming languages
- Identifying production and non-production application issues
- Ideally a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Four or more years of solid commercial Python experience
- JSON, REST, SOAP and RESTful Services and API's
- Experience working with a JIRA bug-tracker
- Linux/Unix knowledge (Redhat/CentOS/Fedora)
- Experience in migrating legacy systems and knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Web development: HTML (HTML5 & CSS) and XML/XSL
- Some database and SQL knowledge, Oracle and/or PostgreSQL, Post GIS
- Jenkins, CI integration, RabbitMQ, Redis, AWS and Docker
This is an urgent requirement and so the client are looking for people to start immediately or as soon as possible.
Although the initial contract is for 3 months, extensions are expected.
If you are available and interested in the role please apply and I will call you to discuss in more detail.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's