Senior User Researcher
|Job Title:||Senior User Researcher|
|Salary:||£550 - £600 per day|
|Contact Name:||Millie Scriven|
|Job Published:||November 03, 2021 15:26|
Contract opportunity: User Researcher - Remote - 6 months - INSIDE IR35 - £464 - 600 per day
Please note: This role is inside IR35, please do not apply if you are not happy working inside IR35
The Core Purposes of User Research is to:
1. Conduct User Research - Plan and conduct user centric and evidence based research activities.
2. Generate Insights - Convert research data into clear findings.
3. Develop Research Strategy - Develop appropriate research strategies and its approach.
4. Inclusive Research - Include a spectrum of users in appropriate research activities, and advocate for product values internally.
5. User centred and Agile practices - Conduct user centred design practice and work with commitment to agile and continuous iterative approach.
1. Work with agile teams to develop and advocate appropriate research strategies within their project area, with the goal of understanding user needs for services, and continually improving services.
2. Build user centred practices, advocating for user centred approaches to research.
3. Weigh evidence from various sources and involve wider teams to increase consensus and challenge assumptions.
4. Develop recommendations based on a variety of research outcomes, evaluate those outcomes to inform the product or service decision.
5. Be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of research, developing and delivering research that considers the time & budget vs outcomes perspective.
6. Incorporate into recommendations and insights, evidence that focuses on user behaviour and experiences of departmental services.
7. Conduct user research using a range of research methods, selecting the appropriate method, both qualitative and quantitative, depending on the requirements of the programme.
8. Advocate for inclusive research principles, planning and conducting research that considers the diversity of users, keeping in mind any access requirements users may have and the ethical nature of research.
9. Build and maintain strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders within the department and across government. Work to communicate insights gained from research in an effective manner and act as a persuasive advocate for user needs within projects and across other appropriate areas.
10. Engage with colleagues beyond the project level and in different practices to understand and align project priorities and research outcomes.
11. Act as a research Subject Matter Expert within the department, being comfortable in providing advice on a variety of research techniques.
12. Provide evidence based challenges to assumption and strategic direction within the scope of research.
13. Be responsible for improving your own learning, developing your knowledge of new methods and techniques, whilst also bringing any appropriate learning back into the practice.
14. Be an active member of the user research community, manage and mentor user researchers to ensure quality of research, and drive improvements in practice.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies (lawharveyjobs)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior User Researcher x 4
£550 - £600 per day
User Experience Lead
£750 - £800 per day
Senior AWS Cloud Engineer
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£100000 - £120000 per annum + + Bonus & Benefits
Senior SAP Payroll Consultant
£65000 - £80000 per annum + bonus, pension, benefits