|Job Title:||Service Designer|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£450.00 - £500.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Millie Scriven|
|Job Published:||January 27, 2020 10:15|
Contract opportunity: Service Designer - Leeds - initial 6 months - inside IR35 - £450-500 per day
Please note: You will need to be eligible for SC clearance
As a Senior Service Designer, the candidate will be expected to:
- Specialise in designing interactions and interfaces for digital services
- Work on all levels of the service, from high-level flows and journeys to the fine detail of individual parts
- Work with different types of content and user-led interactions
- Work across digital and non-digital channels
- Focus on making working software rather than creating artefacts to describe software
- Understand the technical side of design
- Understand user needs and design services that meet them
- Support discussions at a senior departmental level
- Design user-centred solutions and transaction flows
- Support in an Interaction Design capacity when needed
- Create and rapidly iterate prototypes to help the wider team learn about user needs for different scenarios or tasks
- Work with product owners, other designers, user researchers, business analysts and front-end developers to turn concepts into user-centred services
- Make sure the design of services is consistent internally and with the rest of GOV.UK
- Take responsibility for creating and keeping up a positive and collaborative working environment
- Help promote best practice
- Share specialist knowledge and experience with others in the team
- Play a supporting role in recruiting for the Digital Product design community
- Share work and ideas inside and outside the department for example by representing the Digital design community at events
- Manage other people's work
- Contribute to building a digital culture in the Department
- Play an active part in the department's Product Design community
- At least 2 to 3 years' experience as a Service Designer or Systems Thinker.
- Experience solving design and research challenges through collaboration and user participation.
- The ability to translate research insight into opportunities and solutions for service users via the application of design research methods e.g. user journeys, services mapping, prototyping etc.
- Ability to develop hands on interaction design solutions for the products that enable the service
- A diverse set of methods & tools that allow them to illustrate the opportunities to improve specific service components and touch-points.
- Appreciation for and demonstrated ability to connect design solutions to pragmatic implementation
- A belief that a focus on people is fundamental in creating inclusive policies, products and services for social impact.
- Have a design-related degree or experience on a product, interaction or UX design role.
- Define elements layout, design patterns, controls and actions
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's