|Job Title:||Snowflake Engineer|
|Salary:||£70000 - £90000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Greg McCrudden|
|Job Published:||June 18, 2021 15:12|
Snowflake Engineer Job Description
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced Snowflake Consultants to join our delivery team. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a growing, ambitious company.
Working across a variety of cloud environments, your role is to turn business ideas into full data architectures on either existing or new enterprise developments. The ideal candidate has a deep technical knowledge of modern data architecture, Snowflake Cloud Data Platform, and possesses a desire and passion for supporting other members of the team.
You will act as a subject matter expert involved in a variety of projects. You will be someone who enjoys working with a team and mentoring others. You will work with our clients and suppliers to understand requirements and to help them to understand Mphasis Datalytyx solutions.
You will attend workshops and meetings to provide support to existing customers.
Some of the activities that you will engage in include:
* Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
* Write SQL statements and Schema design / dimensional data modeling.
* Implement Snowflake ELT using Snowflake SQL, implementing complex stored Procedures and standard DWH and ETL concepts
* Delivery of Snowflake advanced concepts like setting up resource monitors, RBAC controls, virtual warehouse sizing, query performance tuning
* Deploy Snowflake features such as data sharing, events and lake-house patterns
* Manage Snowflake utilities such as SnowSQL, SnowPipe, Big Data model techniques using Python
* Delivery of Data Migration from Legacy DW platforms to Snowflake cloud data warehouse
* At least 3 years' experience within Data & Analytics
* A background in SQL and principles of data warehousing
* Experience of ETL design and dev, including Test-Driven development.
* Snowflake design and engineering experience and certification plus exposure to one of either Azure, AWS or GCP
* Experience of programming languages including Object-Oriented language (.Net. Java, C, Python)
* GIT experience
* Good knowledge of DevOps / DataOps principles with working knowledge of Docker and Linux
* Hands on experience with DBT
* Expertise in Snowflake advanced concepts like setting up resource monitors, RBAC controls, virtual warehouse sizing, query
* Working in an agile methodology environment
* Administration and ensuring that adequate security procedures are developed
* Handling large sets of data and be able to confidently process them into required formats
* Provide technical input and effective data analysis to projects
* Assessing and defining Data Design strategy
* Ability to work independently and adapt your style to rapid organisational and software changes
* Ability to switch gears quickly and work in a fast-paced start-up culture.
* Consultative approach
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Analytical and Structured approach to work
* Participates as a team member and fosters teamwork by inter-group coordination within the scope of the role.
* Effectively collaborates and communicates with all stakeholders to ensure client satisfaction.
* Trains and coach members of project groups to ensure effective knowledge management activity.
* Snowpro Core
* Snowpro Advanced desirable
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies (lawharveyjobs)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£70000 - £90000 per annum
Security Operations Engineer Engineer
£60000 - £90000 per annum + + Package
£650 - £700 per day
£350 - £400 per day
Up to £500 per day