|Job Title:||SOC Analyst|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£450 - £500 per day|
|Contact Name:||Anneli Sandholm|
|Job Published:||May 22, 2019 12:24|
We are currently looking for a SOC Analyst to be responsible for identifying and mitigating threats from both internal and external sources for large business based in the City of London.
- Conduct research, analysis, and correlation across a wide variety of all source data sets (eg. indications and warnings)
- Use provided tools to perform continual monitoring and analysis of system activity to identify malicious activity and configure mitigation's
- Coordinate with other departments to manage and administer the updating of rules and signatures (eg intrusion detection/protection systems, anti-virus, and content blacklists) for specialised applications.
- Coordinate with enterprise-wide Networks teams to validate network alerts
- Employ approved defence-in-depth principles and practices (eg, defence-in-multiple places, layered defences, security robustness)
- Recommend computing environment vulnerability corrections
- Identity and correct inconsistencies or complications in process
- At least 2 years of experience working in a SOC or Incident Response position.
- Knowledge of or experience working with security (SIEM, NetFlow, IDS/IPS, Anti-Virus)
- Experience explaining the risk of security threats and creating mitigation's.
- Experience of general IT infrastructure technologies and principles.
- Understanding of the underlying protocols including: HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, SQL.
- Experience using data science or advance analytical tools to solve security incidents.
- Ability to automate tasks using Scripting on both Windows and Linux systems.
- Proof Point (URL/email fraud), Darktrace, Palo Alto - IDS
This is a 6 month contract offering between £450-500 per day.
Looking to have interviews arranged within the next 7 days.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior SOC Analyst - Security Operations Center, Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
City of London, London
Up to £65000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, Benefits
Information Security Analyst
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £46000 per annum
Information Security Analyst- Maryland- REMOTE
Lead Cyber Security Engineer
£60000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + + bonus + benefits