Software Engineer (Python)
|Job Title:||Software Engineer (Python)|
|Location:||Hammersmith and Fulham, London|
|Salary:||£350.00 - £500.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Charlie Ruffles-Jones|
|Job Published:||October 03, 2017 14:17|
My client, a software company are searching for a Software Engineer with strong commercial experience of Python, to build and maintain their core Python based platforms and services.
You'll be responsible for:
- Working in a small, agile team
- Identifying production and non-production application issues
- Identifying opportunities to fine-tune and optimise applications of projects both existing and upcoming.
- Providing direct support to the team's development's efforts, as and when requested
- Develop, test, implement and maintain application software working with established processes and procedures.
- Supporting formal testing and resolve test defects
- Creating services and applications utilising various programming languages
- Strong experience in Python with Django
- JSON, REST, SOAP and RESTful Services and API's
- Experience working with a JIRA bug-tracker
- Linux/Unix knowledge (Redhat/CentOS/Fedora)
- RabbitMQ and Redis experience
- Web development: HTML (HTML5 & CSS) and XML/XSL
- Some database and SQL knowledge, Oracle and/or PostgreSQL, Post GIS
- Jenkins, CI integration
This is an urgent requirement and so the client are looking for people to start immediately or as soon as possible.
Although the initial contract is for 3 months, extensions are expected.
If you are available and interested in the role please apply and I will call you to discuss in more detail.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's