|Job Title:||Solution Architect|
|Location:||Doncaster, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£65000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||October 02, 2017 13:43|
Role: Solution Architect
Location: Doncaster, South Yorkshire
Salary: £65k plus discretionary bonus and benefits (Some flexibility based on skills and experience)
The Solution Architect holds a key role in scoping, defining and delivering new business solutions within the organisation. Working with both business and technical stakeholders throughout the enterprise, the Solution Architect will be a pro-active self-starter that will utilise their analysis, problem solving, technical and communication skills to propose and facilitate the delivery of value-add solutions.
The Solution Architect will be a key role within the transformation programme and business as usual projects. The role will deliver architectures for projects and programmes and ensure that the architecture objectives of the change are met through proactive assurance and support.
- Build relationships with business and technical stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, understanding drivers and priorities within the business.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership throughout all stage of a project, from requirements and project inception to implementation and delivery.
- Employ industry and group best practice in design and maintain an up to date knowledge of business technology trends.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the as-is systems landscape, in order to be able to articulate architectural constraints, opportunities and choices, thereby being able to work at both strategic and detailed technical levels.
- Define pragmatic and cost-effective solution designs, which align with the principles and values of the organisation's enterprise architecture strategy and roadmap.
- In the context of the above, propose and deliver solutions that are scalable, performant and resilient, providing platforms for future growth.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate with third party service and product providers where they form parts of solutions.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in business transformation or change programmes in a commercial environment and a solid appreciation of architecture, both its purpose, outcomes and approaches.
- Confident in working with both business and technical stakeholders, including those at more senior levels
- Enterprise systems integration (web services and standards, messaging, integration patterns and integration platforms).
- Enterprise application frameworks (i.e. Java EE or other enterprise technology stacks).
- Database platforms, data modelling and data migration and transformation.
- Application architecture and design skills, including package or COTS implementations.
- Multi-channel design and delivery, including web and mobile applications.
- Solution design skills that take into account non-functional requirements, such as resilience, performance, scaling, monitoring and audit capabilities.
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please respond with your CV and I will give you a call back ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's