|Job Title:||Solutions Architect|
|Location:||North West London, London|
|Salary:||£400.00 - £600.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2018 21:02|
CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY: Solutions Architect Government, NHS London Initial 6-12 month contract Competitive daily rate
(overview of role/remit)
- This is a senior technical position that requires specialist skills in the deployment of systems/solutions which are mission critical, spread across multiple sites (preferably national) and has experience working in Agile development environments
- The purpose of the role is to work with stakeholders to specify, design and select control room solutions that deliver the required utility and warranty required by the end users.
- Design and assurance of LAN and WAN.
- The post holder will be responsible for all technical elements involved in planning, design, options appraisal, testing and delivery of the end product. This will include interfaces to other national and local programmes.
- The post holder will investigate and inform on latest 2G, 3G, 4G/LTE device related technology and be the technical expert providing knowledge on future technical trends
- The post holder will carry out assessments on specific areas of technology including control room and mobile device technologies and associated protocols and will provide clear technical guidance to the associated technical, service and user communities.
- Of particular importance is the ability to build strong and effective working relationships with other service management and technical disciplines, suppliers, users across the Ambulance Trusts, the wider NHS and managing the conflicting demands and tensions of a range of stakeholders.Â
- They should have a thorough understanding of managed service contracts and experience of the management of the local delivery of a national, high value, mission critical and complex service. Extensive expert knowledge of the working practices of emergency services control rooms.
- In addition, a detailed theoretical and practical knowledge of the best practice contained with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library and how this can be used to drive continual service improvement.
- The role involves working with multiple stakeholders including Senior Managers across the NHS and other emergency service organisations.
- This is a highly complex project with numerous. The scope is all 11 Ambulance services in England and the Welsh Ambulance Service.
Responsibilities include: - Be the technical specialist for control room solutions and manage the following aspects: capacity management, availability management, quality management, configuration management, change management, risk and issue management.
- Build strong relationships with Ambulance Trusts, as well as other users of the current Airwave service in order to ensure a smooth transition to the new service.
- Own the delivery and assurance of related to CRS such as managing any contingency plans as required.
- Input into Service Delivery products such as Capacity, Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery, and Availability strategies and plans relating to CRS
- Lead and drive the full suite of testing including conformance, performance, integration and full end-to-end testing including associated issue, risk and problem management.
- Support contractual/SLA negotiations for the new services.
- Input into the provision of management information and ad-hoc reporting.
- Responsible for providing expert advice and assistance to the In-Life Service Team as well as research and development for service improvements activity, including ownership of improvementÂ to KPI's.
- Assure supplier quality, process and output for Capacity Management, including but not limited to the assurance of Capacity Plans, models and capability and scalability assessments.Â Ensure testing and baselining activity, alongside business forecasts are fully integrated with Supplier Capacity Management processes.Â Â This should be in line with Capacity Management best practice, contractual agreements, and industry and British standards.
- Understand the services provided and operational events on the services (i.e. incidents, problems, changes, releases) supporting operational activities as required
- Lead Change and Release activity, through review and assurance of Supplier processes, plans and deliverables. Â
- Lead training of various user groups in relation to CRS and related programmes.
- Provide assistance and guidance to ambulance trusts as required, and act as interface with the rest of the in life and programme teams.
- Represent ARP on various working groups, user groups, and other groups as required and appropriate.
- The ability to work to milestones.
Is this exciting opportunity of interest to you? If so, please apply and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
City of London, London
£500 - £550 per day
Solutions Architect - Oracle RMS
£590.00 - £610.00 per day
Solutions Architect (IBM bluemix, Cloudfoundry, Predix, Heruku)
£550.00 - £600.00 per day
Up to £440.18 per day