Supply Chain Director
|Job Title:||Supply Chain Director|
|Salary:||£600.00 - £650.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||August 06, 2018 09:08|
About the role
Lead the planning function to build and deliver global product supply plans to meet all global customer needs, across a network of internal manufacture, external supply and internal distribution hubs. Ensure the right level of planning competence and capacity is in place to drive planning through strong supply chain processes and within S&OP framework, utilizing ERP planning tools. Responsible to work directly with key business stakeholders to understand strategic initiatives required to support business objectives in each product category.
Our portfolio is complex, with 100k's of products in play, so the successful candidate needs to bring planning capability across systems and process (â€œhow toâ€ is critical to building the best performing team)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working within S&OP framework (18-24 month horizon), and utilizing extensive data modelling / ERP capability, build and deliver supply plans that meet all global customer requirements
- Ensure standard supply chain management principles are executed to monitor and manage plans from customer order to product shipment; thorough oversight of plan adherence at all levels
- Develop and implement a capacity model across all internal manufacturing units (in collaboration with Manufacturing Management) to support scenario planning and strategic business developments
- Manage the development and maintenance of the Global Planning Business Processes - policies, procedures and standards (e.g. planning parameters, ERP master data, S&OP, detailed planning and scheduling, inventory management, planning KPIs) and provide guidance on these best practices and standards
- Ensure all customer order transactions, internal product movements and key material supplies are managed in compliance with Global Trade Regulations
- Ensure all product safety data is maintained in company systems, to support any local country customer requirements for safety data provision
- Provide data management process and capability, to create and change data within ERP system across the organisation
- Set priorities, monitor performance and develop analytical reporting including regular scorecards of agreed KPI's;
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with key stakeholders aimed at identifying, understanding and fulfilling their requirements and assuring planning process compliance and governance.
- Identify areas of opportunity for improvement with a focus on customer satisfaction and capacity optimisation.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and develop staff in a rapidly growing organisation.
- BS degree in Engineering, or Supply Chain Management. MBA Preferred
Extensive experience in supply chain planning environment; preferably experienced in a biotechnology and pharmaceutical environment, but not essential.Â
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to influence across business and departments, especially at the executive level
- Experience must include supply planning at a global and local level covering large numbers of SKUs.
- Strong data analytical competence and insanely curious.
- Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Supply chain experience, working with cross functional teams in multiple countries / cultures
- Familiarity with world-class planning methods and tools (ERP / MRP experience essential)
- Ability to innovate in issues related to planning and business analysis
- Excellent at coaching and developing others
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, global, team environment and adapt to change
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please apply and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's