|Job Title:||Systems Engineer|
|Salary:||£450 - £500 per day|
|Contact Name:||Anneli Sandholm|
|Job Published:||July 18, 2019 18:57|
I am looking System Engineers for an Enterprise scale transformation and transition programme taking place in Preston, Lancashire. You will need to be based here 5 days per week for the duration of the project.
Overview of role:
System Engineers will be responsible for supporting the operations team in implementation, management, transfer of skills and support of migrating the current on premise infrastructure to the Cloud. They will provide technical capabilities for supporting BAU activity and act as technical resource for activities associated with the cloud transformation programmes.
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience supporting medium to large networks using Microsoft stack technologies; data centre management; cloud infrastructure management
- 3rd line problem management for BAU issues
- Worked with various networking tools and protocols
- A good understanding of network security
- A desire to stay current with new technology solutions - this includes assisting in the designing, building, and implementation of new and existing systems; integrating sites with back end applications; managing service in life review and developed best practice methods for service delivered; and performing day-to-day administration of the Groups systems portfolio.
- Carry out Activities Identified by the Operations Team that are associated with BAU and
- Cloud transformation programs.
- Provide 3rd line problem management for BAU issues
- Migrating complex, multi-tier applications to Cloud Platforms both AWS and Azure
- Manage and support Linux systems and Windows systems.
- Accountable for accomplishing tasks both independently and collaboratively.
- Complies with Group policies and Data protection requirements at all times
- Experience of supporting Microsoft stack technologies such as Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Skype for Business
- Experience of Networking
- Experienced in ITIL V3
- Experience of delivering services on AWS and Azure
- Experience of supporting Microsoft 365
- Strong ability in developing PowerShell scripts
- Knowledge of key features of Cloud Service Providers
Day rate negotiable - up to £500 per day
Do not apply unless you have demonstrable AWS & AZURE experience.
If you are interested please send me an up to date CV and a good time to call you.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£350.00 - £450.00 per day
€450.00 - €500.00 per day
West London, London
£425 - £500 per day
Lead/Principal Full Stack Engineer
New York, USA
US$140000 - US$150000 per annum + Equity
High Performance Computing Engineer
£80000 - £90000 per annum + healthcare, pension