Technical Business Analyst
|Job Title:||Technical Business Analyst|
|Salary:||£400 - £450 per day|
|Contact Name:||Millie Scriven|
|Job Published:||March 16, 2021 09:56|
Technical Business Analyst
6 Month Contract
£400 - £450 per day
Looking for an experienced, Technical Business Analyst - NPPV L3 Clearance in place already advantageous but not essential with background in application and infrastructure delivery. Needs to have experience working in a policing environment, a good understanding of ICT technologies and best practice methodologies, and the ability to communicate clearly and manage multiple stake holders for different organisations.
Working for the Business Applications Services Lead (project manager) the Technical Business Analyst will work closely with architecture teams, business representatives, ICT, external blue light partners and other programmes and projects to support delivery of services into live use for the business.
In general, the technical business analyst will be required to liaise with business owners and SMEs to collect information regarding the use of applications and services to produce reports on practice and processes, and to inform on suitable testing of applications both before and after migration.
Engagement, Planning & Control and Delivery
* Work with 'business Owners' and BAS stakeholders to understand the strategic objectives and agree the strategic objectives and high-level benefits to be delivered by the projects.
* Determine the applications level of complexity and business impact, informing on migration and testing plans
* Contribute to the development of the business case and financial investment case.
* Engage with the stakeholders to inform on progress and requirements, and develop a cooperative relationship to help provide a smooth migration of services which will meet the ongoing needs
* Draw on own experience and actively seek out and apply relevant lessons learnt from other projects to enable the project teams to avoid repeating mistakes of the past Delivery
* Maintain effective relationships with stakeholders (both internal and external), address issues, and deliver effective communication strategies.
* Inform transition plans and ensure business ownership is established for the ongoing ownership of outcomes and benefits
* Engage stake holders to understand and document business process and technical dependencies on applications and services, producing reports and informing the project.
* Inform and evaluate and monitor risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, interdependencies and changes, escalating those outside tolerance if appropriate.
* Ensure adherence to policies and standards for project management, health and safety, financial, legal and technology and any other compliance requirements.
* Support the business, projects and ICT deliver key documentation and ensure change management activities are executed (e.g. relevant training) to enable business adoption of changes. Stakeholder, Change & Communication
* Create, update and manage plans to address stakeholder expectations and secure buy-in.
* Work with stakeholders on defining scope, agreeing critical success factors, identifying deliverables and benefits, and understanding trade-offs.
* Identify and address dependencies and interdependencies with other projects.
* Develop options to inform project plans, for example the Project Management Plan and business case/ financial investment case.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies (lawharveyjobs)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Business Analyst (.SEPA/BACS)
£65000 - £80000 per annum
Business Architect Analyst
£19 - £25.91 per hour
Senior Business Analyst
£550 - £600 per day
Business Analyst - HR/People Focused
£450 - £495 per day
Technical Integration Architect
£70000 - £80000 per annum + pension, benefits