Technical Design Lead
|Job Title:||Technical Design Lead|
|Salary:||£500.00 - £530.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Millie Scriven|
|Job Published:||November 01, 2019 10:32|
Contract opportunity: Technical Design Lead - Glasgow - initial 6 months - INSIDE IR35 - £500-530 per day
Please note: This role is INSIDE IR35, please do not apply if you are not happy working inside IR35
- Hands-on leadership of the software development team
- Identification of software skills and team structure needed in order to deliver project outcomes.
- Organisation of these delivery resources including capacity planning & assignment of suitable resources
- Ensure team processes and procedures are suitable to deliver project outcomes. Drive continuous improvement and best practices
- Provide hands-on coaching and mentoring in technical delivery and software.
- Design of software and underlying hardware and infrastructure to enable the system to meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of the end to end technical designs and ensuring alignment to the strategic technical architecture and other internal and external systems.
- Overall system architecture is owned by a System Architect. The person holding the Technical Lead role will be expected to assess and provide feedback on proposed architectures and collaborate with the architecture team on alternatives.
- Creation of Technical Design Documentation and ensuring the team keep technical documentation up to date. Includes system infrastructure topology and software design documents.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Sufficient experience in software engineering and knowledge of best practices in relevant technology stacks to be able to act as the lead developer in a software development pair. This isn't expected to be a regular activity, but this level of ability is needed.
- Sufficient software development capability to coach senior developers in software practices. Capability to teach software design and implementation via creation and review of software designs and through performing code reviews.
- Proven experience of hands on leadership of software teams of a similar size to successful project outcomes.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of Java, Spring Boot, RabbitMQ, MongoDB and git or similar technologies. Hands-on experience with Continuous Delivery tooling and practices.
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities
- Good coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Principal Developer/ Technical Lead
City of London, London
£550 - £575 per day
Tech Lead AWS/Lambda/Typescript
SharePoint and Power Platform Developer
South East England, England
Programme Manager - DOS
£500 - £525 per day
Kraków, Lesser Poland
£200 - £300 per day