Trade Compliance Manager
|Job Title:||Trade Compliance Manager|
|Salary:||£200.00 - £400.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||July 19, 2018 11:46|
About the role:
- This position will be responsible for ensuring worldwide compliance with international trade and product regulations.
- The Trade Compliance Manager will liaise with key stakeholders across 11 different sites within the Commercial Operations, Manufacturing, R&D and Logistics functions to ensure compliant and timely delivery of products to customers, distributors and production facilities.
- The main function of this role is overseeing Group customs activities of the group as well as developing and driving Group Trade Compliance strategy.
- Managing a team of Trade Compliance professionals based in Cambridge, UK, and Hangzhou, China
- Supporting commercial and operational strategies by facilitating import and export for products globally, including managing the need for export and import licenses
- Responsible for the accurate filing of import and export declarations for all entities and non-resident importer schemes
- Responsible for the implementation and delivery of the Oracle Global Trade Management module
- Responsibility for relationships with customs agents in all relevant jurisdictions
- Ensuring the correct application of customs legislation in terms of valuation, tariff classification and country of origin (preferential and non-preferential) across all sites
- Managing support for commercial operations projects with advice on country regulations by advising whether licenses are required or products are restricted for importation
- Ensuring trade and product compliance due diligence for new product launches and acquisitions
- Developing and maintaining trade and product compliance policies and procedures
- Developing and delivering trade compliance training for non-Trade Compliance members of staff across the group
- Managing the maintenance of AEO approval, working on equivalent programmes across the US, China and Japan
- Managing work on providing compliant Safety Datasheets (SDS) across global jurisdictions
- You have significant experience in a managerial trade compliance role in industry or consultancy, ideally within an AEO certified organization.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a proven track of working successfully across different cultures.
- A background working with ERP software such as Oracle Global Trade Management would be highly beneficial.
- Significant experience in a Trade Compliance role
- Solid understanding of tariff classification, customs valuation and origin determination (preferential and non-preferential)
- Certificate of Customs Compliance or equivalent, e.g. Institute of Export, CILT
- Previous managerial experience
- Experience meeting tight deadlines, prioritizing tasks and multi-tasking to achieve results
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and present findings and recommendations
- Proven ability to build effective relationships across all levels and functions in an organization
- Ability to creatively solve challenging problems
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please apply and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
€300.00 - €400.00 per day
Operations Manager Cloud Infrastructure
£65000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
IT Project Manager
£425.00 - £475.00 per day
Senior Project Manager
City of London, London
£500.00 - £550.00 per day