|Job Title:||UI Designer|
|Salary:||£350 - £400 per day|
|Contact Name:||Narcis Velcu|
|Job Published:||December 03, 2020 08:54|
Role: UI Designer
Location: Leeds/Blackpool or Newcastle (ideally), the role is remote at the moment
Day Rate:£350 - £400 per day
IR35 Status: Inside
Contract Length: 6 months initially
As an Interaction Designer you will work across the team, owning the delivery of artefacts and supporting interaction design. You will work alongside researchers and developers to deliver services, products and tools which fulfil user needs. You will have a strong understanding of all the elements of interaction design and experience of working in multidisciplinary teams. You will have a solid technical understanding and be comfortable delivering prototypes.
- Understand user needs and designs services, products and tools to meet them;
- Create and iterate prototypes to test and communicate ideas and help the wider team learn about user needs;
- Liaise with a multidisciplinary team in an agile environment to turn concepts into user-centred designs;
- Understand as-is interaction design and identify improvement opportunities;
- Use typography and affordance to improve user experience;
- Ensure that the design of services is consistent, both internally and with the rest of the wider organisation;
- Deliver best practices around user-centred design processes, user research and experience design;
- Understand the bigger picture (high-level flows and processes) as well as the fine detail of individual parts;
-Knows when to use a specific prototyping technique or method (for example, sketch, code, Loc2).
-Able to show the value of prototyping to the team.
-Takes inputs and establishes coherent frameworks that work.
-User-Centred Agile and Design Practices
- Experience of GDS principles (nice to have);
- Experience of interaction development for Apps would be advantageous;
- Some experience of sketching, prototyping and iterative design;
- Some experience of working in a multidisciplinary team;
- Some experience of using a user-centred design approach;
If you are interested please reply apply and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's