User interface developer for an R shiny application
|Job Title:||User interface developer for an R shiny application|
|Start Date:||Wednesday 2 September 2020|
|Contact Name:||Musa Konteh|
|Job Published:||July 27, 2020 12:06|
Developer - 1 Months initial - REMOTE Working - Government Body (OUTSIDE IR35)
Develop the Graphical User Interface of an existing shiny application in R, working iteratively to deliver new functionality and an improved user interface using expert knowledge to improve the usability of the application through front-end development to meet GDS service standards and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level AA.
You will work in an Agile way and scope the work initially. The whole team is working remotely and we would expect the developer to have their own equipment and technology. In particular, you will need access to R, git and the ability to download R packages. Work patterns should fit within standard UK working hours i.e. weekdays 9-5 though we are willing to discuss more flexible arrangements.
Essential skills and experience
- Have strong experience of developing applications in R using shiny and other supporting packages (or similar technologies, please specify).
- Have experience of User Interface development for a web-based application including interactive graphs and visualisations.
- Have the ability to test components and pages against accessibility standards and fix accessibility issues identified through testing.
- Write clean, accessible and performant code that it is open by default and easy for others to re-use.
- Work in an Agile way, following a test-driver approach and demonstrating progress and discussing findings regularly.
- Have experience of coding in R
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Application Solution Architect
£70000 - £75000 per annum + training, pension, benefits
Lead Azure/AWS Engineer - Remote for now - 70/80k
Birmingham, West Midlands
£70000 - £80000 per annum
Cloud Capability Lead - Opportunity to work for a Big 4!
£70000 - £110000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Woodland Hills, California
US$70000.00 - US$90000.00 per annum + full medical + benefits