|Job Title:||User Researcher|
|Salary:||£500 - £550 per day|
|Contact Name:||Millie Scriven|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2020 14:42|
Contract opportunity: User Researcher - Glasgow - 6 months - inside IR35 - £500-550 per day
Please note: This role is INSIDE IR35, please do not apply if you are not happy working inside IR35
We are looking for an experienced user researcher to work with an Agile team, developing online services for external and internal users. Our external users include victims of crime and specialist support organisations, so it is important that you have experience of working with vulnerable groups and feel comfortable working on subjects which can be upsetting. Ideally you would have public sector/government experience.
Apply knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment.
Use findings of user data to work closely with designers and analysts to iterate the developing service.
Manage business relations with usability and market research agencies to support necessary research processes.
- taking a lead User Researcher role within a team
- setting research direction and mentoring junior research colleagues
- managing team dynamics and holding sufficient authority to effectively challenge points of design without alienating individuals
- working within an agile project environment, and maintaining effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances
- quantitative research methodologies.
- Proven experience of gathering user requirements for web based services; managing, executing and analysing usability test and research sessions;
- working in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services;
- audience modelling and developing design personas.
- Degree in HCI/Usability/Cognitive Psychology/Market Research or related field.
- Experience across web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys.
- Experience within a research and digital environment.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's