User Researcher (2 roles)
|Job Title:||User Researcher (2 roles)|
|Salary:||£450 - £500 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Narcis Velcu|
|Job Published:||November 02, 2020 08:42|
Job Title: User Researcher (2 roles)
Day Rate: £450 - £500
Location: Bristol/ Leeds (the roles are fully remote)
IR35: Inside IR35
Contract Length: 3 months initially
You'll need to be able to:
Plan, design and prepare a range of user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of our digital services/products; specifically working with the given product team to support their brief.
Experience in: taking a lead User Researcher role within a team, setting research direction and mentoring junior research colleagues; managing team dynamics and holding sufficient authority to effectively challenge points of design without alienating individuals; working within an agile project environment, and maintaining effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances; working in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services;
- Carry out a wide range of user research activities from recruiting participants, preparing discussion guides and moderating research sessions.
- Design, execute and analyse feedback surveys.
- Lead colleagues to analyse research data and synthesise clear and actionable findings.
- Communicate user research findings to help the team and wider organisation develop a deep understanding of users and their needs.
- Maintaining research outputs on the team Research Repository / SharePoint etc.
- Work closely with product managers, designers, architects and suppliers to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features.
- Align user research activities with wider plans to inform service propositions.
- Help to build user centred practices amongst our teams and other members of the team, through presentations and hands-on delivery.
- Work appropriately as part of an Agile team
- Contribute to User Research library (storing research outputs for future use)
It would be great if you:
- Have experience of working with the Government Digital Service patterns and framework.
- Have experience of working within Government departments
- Have experience of advocating for user research and engaging sceptical colleagues and stakeholders.
- Have some broader experience of User Interface Design, Usability or Interaction Design.
If you are interested, please apply and I will be in touch.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's