Windows 10 Rollout Engineer (Inside IR35)
|Job Title:||Windows 10 Rollout Engineer (Inside IR35)|
|Location:||South East London, London|
|Salary:||£150.00 - £250.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||September 19, 2019 11:56|
Job Title: Windows 10 Rollout Engineer
Reporting to: Client Experience Project Manager
Location: South London
Length: Initial 3-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside IR35 (DO NOT apply if you aren't happy to work Inside IR35)
Daily rate: Competitive (Dependent on experience)
We are about to embark on a project to migrate our current Windows 7 user estate to Windows 10 and the Office ProPlus suite of applications. This will facilitate a modern way of working to complement the current O365 and OneDrive offerings to Council staff. This project will encompass just over 2,500 devices (majority laptop (Lenovo), some desktop (Viglin's)) and just under 150 corporate applications.
Working with a small team of engineers within a project team of 9, you will have day-to-day responsibility to carry out successful deployments and helping Council staff to either move from their old device to a new device (refresh) or to upgrade their current device to Windows 10.
Required skills and experience:
- Full understanding of SCCM 2016 in order to troubleshoot any image deployment or packaged application issues, creating task sequences and images
- Experience in Office 2013/2016/ 365 supporting issues on outlook/ SharePoint/ Yammer/ OneDrive/ Skype for business
- Experience in supporting MFA (Multi-factor Authentication), Self Service Password Reset, Secure email
- Network troubleshooting skill, Cisco switches/ routers/ IP phones and port patching. Project management and team collaboration skill.
- Able to troubleshoot various hardware devices ranging from Lenovo machines, Dell machines in terms of P53's, Yoga's, MIX's, x230 to x280
- Customer Service skills to guide users through the defined Windows 10 migration process
- Able to participate in the move of devices and installing of various application software etc
- Able to Remote into Users machines to fix issues and work within SLAs. a. Where relevant, take ownership of data transfer from old device to new
- Able to use SCCM to install Configuration Manager items, clients and deployment remotely to machines. Key Components understanding e.g. Task sequences, drivers etc
- Able to use LANDESK or Service Desk software include: Addressing user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking. Walking customers through installing applications and computer peripherals etc.
- Ad hoc administrative tasks for each migration upon completion
- Public Sector experience preferred but not essential
Please respond with your CV if you are interested and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's