This and any other website operated by Lawrence Harvey are offered and provided on the basis of the documents listed below. Any amendments to these documents will be published at the given links, sometimes without notice, so any user of our websites or services should regularly check they are referring to the latest version of any such document as linked to below and/or elsewhere within this and any of our other websites.
Lawrence Harvey and any other trading style of our group,, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (collectively "We", “Us”, or similar) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is LHi Group Limited of 2nd Floor 33 Queen St, London EC4R 1BR. Our registration number is Z817504X and our registration on the Data Protection Public Register can be verified directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office search facility at this link.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give Us information about you by filling in forms on our Sites or by corresponding with Us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Sites, subscribe to our services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Sites, enter a competition, promotion or survey, apply for any jobs with or through Us, upload your curriculum vitae, create a job search profile or similar and when you report a problem with our Sites. The information you give Us may include, but this list is not necessarily exhaustive: your name, address, email addresses and phone numbers, financial information, personal and job descriptions, photograph and information related to your work/education history or other information usually contained within a curriculum vitae or otherwise related to job searches or other career services.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of our other Sites or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, data-cleaning providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Us, including but not necessarily limited to those usually provided by a recruitment agency;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services We offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about with Us;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services We feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, We will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry. If you are a new customer, and where We permit selected third parties to use your data, We (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration page of our Sites) or to subsequently change your choice you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to Us and information We collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We or any member of our group may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, clients (including prospective clients), suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We or any member of our group may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Lawrence Harvey or any member of our group or substantially all of its or their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its or their customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or to or by us by email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at either email@example.com or 2nd Floor 33 Queen St, London EC4R 1BR.
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.